Email flow for Second domain in Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have two subnet created in one AD forest 192.168.20.0 and 192.168.25.0 and in .20 i have installed exchange 2007 and in .25 network i installed hMailServer and created separate domain for this, now i want to make exchange 2007 responsible for email sending and receiving for hMailserver. for this i created another internal relay accepted domain in exchange 2007 which i created in .25 network, with this configuration when i sent email from my authoritative domain i get reply back from hmailserver(configured this way) but when i sent email from hotmail and gmail account i receive email at hmailserver but i did not get reply back. upon troubleshooting i found that i got error unable relay. do i need to confiure anything else to make exchange responsible for email flow for second domain which i created on .25 network. please help me, i will be very thankful to you.

Thanks!!!  

• Changed type Xiu Zhang Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:20 AM Q&A
    Monday, July 2, 2012 3:08 PM

Answers

• Configure the e-mail domain you're relaying (e.g., otherdomain.com) with a command like the following:

New-AcceptedDomain -Name "Relay to hmailserver" -DomainName otherdomain.com -DomainType InternalRelay

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Edited by Ed CrowleyMVP Monday, July 2, 2012 10:38 PM clarify
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Monday, July 9, 2012 1:10 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:38 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for your help!!

your answer help to resolve my issue and I was also missing another configuration, this was with receive connector, i did not check annonymous user option in receive connector. And now i am able to receive email on my public email id from hmailserver through exchange 2007.

once again thank you very much for your help!!

AAmyy

amarjeet saini

Sunday, July 8, 2012 3:27 AM

All replies

• Configure the e-mail domain you're relaying (e.g., otherdomain.com) with a command like the following:

New-AcceptedDomain -Name "Relay to hmailserver" -DomainName otherdomain.com -DomainType InternalRelay

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Edited by Ed CrowleyMVP Monday, July 2, 2012 10:38 PM clarify
    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:38 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply!! one question, do i need to run above command if I already created a new domain under accepted domain as a internal relay in GUI?

Thanks!

aamyy

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:28 PM
  • I assume you're doing the same thing in the GUI.  You can run Get-AcceptedDomain to see.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for your help!!

your answer help to resolve my issue and I was also missing another configuration, this was with receive connector, i did not check annonymous user option in receive connector. And now i am able to receive email on my public email id from hmailserver through exchange 2007.

once again thank you very much for your help!!

AAmyy

amarjeet saini

Sunday, July 8, 2012 3:27 AM
  • You're welcome.  Happy to have helped.

Sunday, July 8, 2012 3:49 AM