Web app conferencing Audio/Video not working EXTERNALLY RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deployed S4B servers (One Standard Edition and One Edge) in a new setup (with new domain/AD). Every feature is working fine externally using Desktop and mobile client. The problem occurs when i try to access meet url from browser, it redirects it to my server name (also external web service url) and i can do instant messaging (can see other participants as well) but am unable to do audio/video call. It gives this famous error "Call ended because of network connectivity issues.". We are not using any reverse proxy instead we are using Natting via firewall.

Any suggestion or solution for similar experience will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Rafay

Sunday, April 10, 2016 4:06 PM

Answers

• Dear Rafay, 

Based on the error it is clear media connectivity issue. Please confirm below details. 

Are you getting an MRAS credential? 
    As soon as you login to client, in the uccapi log you will find MRAS credentails as below.
    Start-Line: SIP/2.0 200 OK
    CSeq: 1 SERVICE
    Sample: 
    <username>AgAAJCFf4/sBzVDF7Q9GNmDEp0oLdfto4acI50YDy3IAAAAAOoZBWBV8je4fgGTvyKbxh7sioMY=</username>
    <password>k6GJX093FIYdfVlmHkGSw0Yi+lM=</password>

If you getting something like this, proceed to the next step. 

Media flow follows below pattern. 

You should see two invites and two 200ok in return, which is used to negotiate on the IP and port on which they should communicate. 
    Keep in mind- Media always flows between the shortest path available and not via Skype servers all the time. In conference it is going to be via Skype for business servers only as we have the MCU there. 

I would say collect a uccapi while reproducing the issue and look at the candidates shared across between the clients. 

Isolate as below:- 
    What if both the clients are external(peer to peer, not conference) ?
    What if presenter in the conference is also external? 
    Validate all required ports to DMZ from internal network and other way & from DMZ to external network and other way.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt346416.aspx

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:36 AM