Updating windows 10 with new drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  I would like to find out how to upgrade my windows 10 drivers that are no longer active.  Do I have to pay for this service with something like Prodriver, which needs a fee, or is it a free service?

Monday, April 9, 2018 9:21 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you're in the wrong forum. Don't spend money on drivers as they are free. So long as your hardware is supported, Windows 10 will either download drivers automatically along with updates or you can always download drivers directly from the manufacturers website.

Daniel Vega

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 2:09 PM
  • Windows 10 automatically updates it's own drivers with Windows updates.

Windows automatically updates many non-Microsoft drivers.

The above updates performed by Windows are recorded in the event viewer.

There are drivers that are not updated by Windows and those drivers often can be found on the computer manufacturer's or motherboard manufacturer's website.

The first choice for all drivers should be either the computer or motherboard manufacturer's website.

If drivers are not available the next best source for drivers are the component manufacturer's website.  For example:  Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Killer Networks, Realtek, etc.

There are websites that search for drivers for computers and we see problems related to these drivers as you don't know what you are really getting.

So in summary if you a looking for drivers the best sources in order are:

1) the computer or motherboard manufacturer's website

2) the component manufacturer's website

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:33 PM