Windows Live Messenger crashes RRS feed

• Question

• I've had about three weeks a problem with Windows Live Messenger. Before that it worked fine, for half year. It crashes every time I start it or if it start automatically with my computer. I've been thinking that maybe it is cause of some windows update, but google hasn't provided any help. And I can't say any exact update, after what this started happening. And I have found some problems with other people, which are caused by UAC. But I've disabled that right then when I installed my Vista. And I have re-installed Messenger like ten times, and it doesn't help. I'm not heavy user of Messenger, more irc, so it's not so big problem. But of course every program should work properly. I've tried with and without Aero, and that didn't help either. So, it crashes with "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working" notice and it doesn't found any solutions on Internet if I click that option. I just have to close the program. Here's also screenshot of crash, I don't know if it can be helpful because it is in Finnish, but maybe there's some info about the crash: http://koti.mbnet.fi/spexi/tmp/messenger_crash.jpg

Any ideas?

My computer specs:

Mainboard: MSI MS-7270
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    Graphics card: Radeon x1950 Pro
    Memory: 2GB DDR2
    Friday, December 7, 2007 8:45 AM

All replies

• Okay, problem solved. I uninstalled my current ATI graphics card driver and I installed new one. No WLM works fine. The wierdest thing here is, that this problem started few months after I had installed those old drivers.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:25 PM