none
Can I set a view to monitor resource status by projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I had load some users (50 users) as resource pool. And set 3 projects with only 10 developers. These 10 developers are in different projects. I just want to know these 10 person's hours plan. Can I view like this:  

1/  Can I set a resource view to see the resource status by projects ?   

2/ Can I set a resource view just see the working hours be booked in the one project. Not all the user, Only the team users information.

3/ Can I set a resource view to only see the users be booked as a resource.

Friday, April 10, 2015 9:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Jou Chen,

Did you have a look to the resource center, then resource assignments?

After selecting resources and clicking on the highlighted button, you can visualize resources assignments either with a Gantt chart or timephased data. Then if you go to the resource availability, you can switch from a resource point of view to a project point of view and play with timeframe (périod), granularity (time unit) and objects (resources or projects) included.

Note that if this does not suit your needs, you have sample reports available in the BI center which consolidâtes resources assignments in Excel. Moreover, you can always create a custom report (SSRS).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Jou Chen Monday, April 13, 2015 3:21 AM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 9:41 AM
  • In addition to what Guillaume has suggested, you can always create a Excel report in the Bi center and produce the exact view you want, except its a report.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:51 PM
  • Yes you're right. From the project center, this is a resource oriented report which requires to select resources first. That being said, you can always switch the resource availability data along projects using the drop-down menu.

If you do need a project oriented report, then you could start from the Excel reports in the BI Center or develop your own report.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Jou Chen Monday, April 13, 2015 7:40 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Jou Chen,

Did you have a look to the resource center, then resource assignments?

After selecting resources and clicking on the highlighted button, you can visualize resources assignments either with a Gantt chart or timephased data. Then if you go to the resource availability, you can switch from a resource point of view to a project point of view and play with timeframe (périod), granularity (time unit) and objects (resources or projects) included.

Note that if this does not suit your needs, you have sample reports available in the BI center which consolidâtes resources assignments in Excel. Moreover, you can always create a custom report (SSRS).

Hope this helps,

Friday, April 10, 2015 9:41 AM
  • In addition to what Guillaume has suggested, you can always create a Excel report in the Bi center and produce the exact view you want, except its a report.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:51 PM
  • From the screen shot , I can manually select users' name and find out their time schedule. But I cannot just select project name and see the project staff's time schedule without BI center

Am I right? 

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:26 AM
  • Yes you're right. From the project center, this is a resource oriented report which requires to select resources first. That being said, you can always switch the resource availability data along projects using the drop-down menu.

If you do need a project oriented report, then you could start from the Excel reports in the BI Center or develop your own report.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Jou Chen Monday, April 13, 2015 7:40 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 5:56 AM
  • Thanks a lot! 

It's quite useful.

Monday, April 13, 2015 7:42 AM