none
uag 2010 SP1 unable to activate configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    We have had Direct Acccess up and running for a good three months. Works great.

Then I tried upgrading to SP1 when that was released. It failed a couple of times. But in the end, It got installed. Portal trunks works ok, But, Everytime I try to open the Direct Access Wizard, I get an error message, There is a problem loading your configuration, please reconfigure Direct Access.

I did a reconfigure it a couple of times, fails every time.

I removed all of UAG/TMG etc binaries from the server. Reinstalled the complete UAG 2010 SP1 package. Installation went ok.

But as soon as I open the UAG console, I get the Same error message.

I am also able to activate configuration. And changes I make to the portal are set in effect ok.
    But still, NO Direct access, only the error (and no more info) UAG is activated, Direct Access is disabled to to one or more errors.

I have checked event logs, same error messages telling me absolutely nothing. Also the Activation monitor gives me the same error.

I am about to install RTM again and wait for SP2, but I would really like to use the SP1 features.

System Setup:

HP Blade server
    4GB RAM
    Quad Core CPU
    Two nics (one with two three routable external addresses (one for trunk, and two for direct acces) and one for Internal (LAN)
    Gateway defined on External Interface not on Internal.
    Certificates are the ones I used on the RTM version, so I belive they should be ok.
    Norwegian Regional Settings (I know Communication server EDGE had problems with Norwegian language but this is now fixed)
    All settings for ISATAP are set in DNS and removed in registry in DNS servers.

Please advice.

Tommy Evensen
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:52 PM

Answers

• I am trying to install UAG2010 with SP1. The install goes without error, then when I run the setup Wizard it fails to save the configuration. It says unable to connect to the configuration server (this is a single server)...

If I restart the server, I am unable to load the UAG management interface and must rebuild again!

Seems like a SP1 issue. I have installed UAG 2010 a number of times before without incidence.

Has anyone gotten any feedback?

Matthew Barrett Concept Interactive Inc.
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 11:44 PM
    Monday, July 4, 2011 8:06 PM

All replies

• Is this an array deployment or single server?

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Friday, January 21, 2011 12:21 AM
  • Hello and thanks for your reply.

It is a single server install.

te

Tommy Evensen
    Friday, January 21, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Nobody out there have the same problem  ?

I have reinstalled the whole server, clean install of UAG2010 SP1. Still fails the second I press activate.

I use a wildcard certifcate, worked like a charm on UAG RTM.

Are there any other "leftovers" of the old UAG implementation I have to remove to get this to work ?

Im about to drop the whole UAG package and either revert to RTM or drop it completely.

Tommy Evensen
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:42 PM
  • I am trying to install UAG2010 with SP1. The install goes without error, then when I run the setup Wizard it fails to save the configuration. It says unable to connect to the configuration server (this is a single server)...

If I restart the server, I am unable to load the UAG management interface and must rebuild again!

Seems like a SP1 issue. I have installed UAG 2010 a number of times before without incidence.

Has anyone gotten any feedback?

Matthew Barrett Concept Interactive Inc.
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 11:44 PM
    Monday, July 4, 2011 8:06 PM