none
Recovery fails with Event ID 41 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to restore some file data from a recent disk backup and I am constantly given the error below:

Affected area:    C:\
    Occurred since:    18/12/2012 12:21:53 PM
    Description:    The recovery jobs for Volume C:\ that started at Tuesday, 18 December 2012 12:14:14 PM, with the destination of FILESERVER.company.com, have completed. Most or all jobs failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111)
        DPM failed to communicate with DPMSERVER.company.com because the computer is unreachable. (ID 41 Details: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (0x8007274D))
        More information
    Recommended action:

1) Make sure that DPMSERVER.company.com is online and remotely accessible from the DPM server.
    2) If a firewall is enabled on DPMSERVER.company.com, make sure that it is not blocking requests from the DPM server.
    3) If you are using backup LAN, make sure that the backup LAN settings are valid.
        On the Jobs tab in the Monitoring tasks area, group jobs by type to view details of the recovery jobs.

We don't use Windows Firewall on any of our domain servers. I've tried rebooting the DPM server and it hasn't made any difference. I've been able to do recoveries from other servers (SQL etc) so it just seems to be the problem with this restore.

I've searched the web on this error but can't find much that's helpful. Does anyone know what I can do?
    Thanks

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

<snip>
    I've been able to do recoveries from other servers (SQL etc) so it just seems to be the problem with this restore.
    >snip<

I'm not sure I understand the scope of the problem.  Is it just a single destination server you are attempting to recover to that has this problem ?

Check out the troubleshooting steps in this blog to make sure we don't have port blockage / usage for DPM ports.

DPM Support Tip: ID 41 Details: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (0x8007274D)
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2012/10/15/dpm-support-tip-id-41-details-no-connection-could-be-made-because-the-target-machine-actively-refused-it-0x8007274d.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:26 AM