none
Transport rule effect long time

Question

• Hello  

I had create one transport rule with member in group then deny send mail but when I try add user to group in AD then so long time to effected

Thanks

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Ngo,

You can try to update the corresponding group member in EMS or try to add user to group via EAC/EMS instead of in AD, then check again:

Update the group member:

Update-DistributionGourpMember -Identity "GourpName"

Add user to group in EMS:

Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "GroupName" -Member "UserName@domain.com"

Add user to group in EAC:

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 2:58 AM

All replies

• Thanks for sharing.  Do you have a question?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, October 2, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Hi Ngo,

You can try to update the corresponding group member in EMS or try to add user to group via EAC/EMS instead of in AD, then check again:

Update the group member:

Update-DistributionGourpMember -Identity "GourpName"

Add user to group in EMS:

Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "GroupName" -Member "UserName@domain.com"

Add user to group in EAC:

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 2:58 AM
  • Hello

If I have 9 server mailbox and cas then does need running this command all server 

"Update-DistributionGourpMember -Identity "GourpName""

I try running one server but when try send some time email bypass rule but some time no bypass rule (this rule check member of group)

Thanks

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 4:02 AM
  • Hi Ngo,

Only need to run the command once, then we can run the following command to check if the user has been added to the group successfully.

Get-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "GroupName"

When the user has listed in group member, the rule will not be bypassed anymore unless there are some excepted  conditions in this rule.

Best Regards, 

Niko Cheng

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:24 AM
  • Thanks ,

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:42 AM
  • Hi Ngo,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Monday, October 9, 2017 9:47 AM