Daily Health Report Not Being Received RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning.

Is there some setting on the daily Health Report that is different from alerts? I am getting alerts on monitored machines, but the daily health report, configured with the same SMTP server settings and destination e-mail account is not making it to me?

Friday, January 4, 2008 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand there is no error message during the Daily Health Report wizard. However, have you tried the Step 3 to double check the "Recipient Address", "SMTP Server", "Port" and "Authentication Mode"? Make sure all the settings are valid in the wizard page.

If you are using Exchange Server as the SMTP virtual server,please doulbe check the SMTP server and make sure it works to send/receive emails and the Recipient account is also working well.

As for the Test button, yes, it is true that "nothing happens". Actually, the system will send an test "Health Report" email in the background after to the account you specified in "Recipient Address" after you click on the button. After a while, please logon that user's mailbox to see if you have already received the test "Health Report" email.

Meanwhile, please check the SMTP log or use messaging trancking for tracing detailed information. Please refer to KB821910 to enable and check detailed SMTP log:

How to troubleshoot for Exchange Server 2003 transport issues
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821910/en-us

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:40 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

The Daily Health Report can be enabled and configured on the “Daily Health Report” page of the Feature Configuration Wizard. I suggest we consider this issue from the following factors:

1. Have you encountered any error when configuring the “Daily Health Report” page during the Feature Configuration Wizard?

If any, please let me know the detailed information about any error message.

2. A “Test” button is available to test the supplied settings. Clicking on this will call the "Test Daily Health Report" task from the Essentials Internal Library MP with the values entered in the wizard.

Can you send a test email normally now?

3. Please double check the required items:

The following settings must be configured when enabling the report:

■ Recipient Address
    □ This is the email address that the report will be sent to. To send the report to multiple recipients, set up an e-mail distribution list containing the desired recipients and use that distribution list as the recipient.

■ SMTP Server
    □ This is the fully-qualified domain name of the SMTP server that will be used to send the email.

■ Port
    □ This is the port number that is used by the SMTP server (default is 25).

■ Authentication Mode

□ Specifies whether to use Anonymous or Windows Integrated authentication when connecting to the SMTP server.

4. Please doulbe check the SMTP server and make sure it works to send/receive emails and the Recipient account is also working well.

If you are using Microsoft Exchange server as the SMTP server, I suggest you check the SMTP log or use messaging trancking for tracing detailed information.
    Please refer to KB821910 to enable and check detailed SMTP log:

Regarding the difference of Alert and “Daily Health Report”, “Daily Health Report Notification” rule uses a managed code module that uses the OpsMgr and WSUS SDKs to get data from the OperationsManager and SUSDB databases. This report does not use SQL Reporting Services or the OperationsManagerDW database. Therefore, it is not directly related to Alert feature.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng

Monday, January 7, 2008 10:52 AM
  • Thanks for the response.

I AM getting regular alerts from the monitoring aspect. The SCE server is configured as the SMTP server and other apps are able to use it as well (McAfee for virus monitoring).

When I hit the test button from the setup wizard, nothing happens. There were no errors during the setup wizard.  Any ideas?

Monday, January 7, 2008 7:23 PM
  • Hi,

I understand there is no error message during the Daily Health Report wizard. However, have you tried the Step 3 to double check the "Recipient Address", "SMTP Server", "Port" and "Authentication Mode"? Make sure all the settings are valid in the wizard page.

If you are using Exchange Server as the SMTP virtual server,please doulbe check the SMTP server and make sure it works to send/receive emails and the Recipient account is also working well.

As for the Test button, yes, it is true that "nothing happens". Actually, the system will send an test "Health Report" email in the background after to the account you specified in "Recipient Address" after you click on the button. After a while, please logon that user's mailbox to see if you have already received the test "Health Report" email.

Meanwhile, please check the SMTP log or use messaging trancking for tracing detailed information. Please refer to KB821910 to enable and check detailed SMTP log:

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:40 AM
  •  

Hello,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous suggestions should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Robbin Meng
    Friday, January 11, 2008 9:59 AM