none
English to bad english RRS feed

• Question

• I'm American and live in France. Most of my computer work is in english, certainly emails and Facebook. Somewhere on my computer I must have some buttons pushed that are in conflict. Anyway, here's what happens. I type a mail, send it off and when someone responds, their mail and my original, are not how I wrote them. It's as though my english was translated to french then translated again when it comes back in a mail from others. I can immediately tell when this happens which is most of the time: my first name is "Don", which translates to "gift" in French. So I'll receive a mail that says "Dear gift" then goes on in weird english. This happens 80% of the time.

I realize this might be a computer (MACBook Pro) problem and not an outlook problem, but was hoping someone had some thoughts. 

Monday, September 28, 2015 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Don,

You've posted to a Project Server forum, and I can't quite decide where to move this post to.  I suspect your issue might be with your email server hoster, and because I don't know what system that is, please repost to the correct forum once you've decided what that is.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, September 28, 2015 9:20 PM