SharePoint BDC data search waiting forever RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a SharePoint BDC filter access issue with only one user in a group of users.
    I gave a group of users to be able to search a plan name through a BDC field. All the users have no problems, but only one user in the group got waiting on the searching results forever.

So, could you please give me any ideas what may cause this problem happened?

Thanks for your help,
    Dong

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:23 PM

All replies

• Hi DinaNYC,

From your  description of the problem, my assumption is there is something wrong on the user’s personal settings, but it is not enough to determine the cause of the problem. I have did a lot of search, but found little information in this regards. Did the user get any error message or event log?

Also you can go through this article and focus on reading Wildcard search, see if this is the cause of the problem:

http://www.thorntontechnical.com/tech/sharepoint/sharepoint-bdc-tips-hints-and-errors.

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

• Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dong Han Monday, May 9, 2011 11:08 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:15 AM
  • Hi Peng,

I did a little more testing for this special user who has the problem.

Even I tried the bdc data filter function on SharePoint through a Critrix server (a shared remote access server), he still can never get any results back but only a hourglass running.

So, I am guessing - is it possible his login has some setting problems in SharePoint profiles?

Thanks a lot for your response and help.

Dong

Monday, May 9, 2011 11:16 PM