none
Pictures print in negative from Windows Photo Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• We have a user that's trying to print jpg photos from Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 7 but they come out looking like a negative.

When you open the photo in the Photo Viewer it looks normal but when you go to print, in the Print Preview the photo looks like a negative and that's how it comes out from the printer. It does this with all her photos. I tried different printers, print as PDF, and print as XPS and it's all the same. I also tried different apps and with the exception of Paint they also act the same.

I haven't seen this before and really don't know what to look at.

Thanks

Chris Hansen

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:12 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. In the Color Management settings the Windows Color System Defaults got changed. I changed them back to the system default settings and now everything works.

Chris Hansen

• Marked as answer by The Hansenator Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:25 PM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:25 PM

All replies

• I figured it out. In the Color Management settings the Windows Color System Defaults got changed. I changed them back to the system default settings and now everything works.

Chris Hansen

• Marked as answer by The Hansenator Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:25 PM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:25 PM
  • How do I find the system default setting

HughRussell

• Proposed as answer by HUGHRUSSELL Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by HUGHRUSSELL Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:32 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:32 AM
  • HughRussel: right-click an empty area on your desktop, select Screen resolution, click Advanced settings, Color management, press Color management..., go to Advanced, and make sure that System default is selected everywhere.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:34 PM