Email management KPI RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way I can have a KPI (key performance indicator) to indicate whether I'm getting on top of my emails or behind!

Eg,

Emails received this week: 350

Emails attended to (filed/deleted) this week: 360

KPI Indicator result: Happy face :-) (or sad face if below 350)

Glad of any help, macros / code welcome. Cant seem to find anything on the net

Monday, July 4, 2016 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, there is no method in Outlook build-in settings to meet your requirement.

As a workaround, we can create a search folder in Outlook to achieve your first requirement for report Emails received this week. To create a search folder for it, please try:

1. Right-click Search Folders > New Search Folder.
    2. Under Select a Search Folder, select Create a custom Search Folder.
    3. Click Choose, name this search folder, click Criteria.
    4. In the Advanced tab, click Field > Date/Time fields > Received.
    5. Under Conditior, click the drop-down list to select This Week. Click Add to List, OK.
    6. Click OK to create this folder. Then all messages received this week would be listed in this folder.
    7. Right-click this new created search folder, click Properties.
    8. In the General tab, select "Show total number of items". Click OK to save the setting.

Then the number of items received this week would be shown next to the search folder. If you are looking for a Macros or code to meet your requirement, it is better to ask a question in Outlook for developers forum for more suggestions:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, there is no method in Outlook build-in settings to meet your requirement.

As a workaround, we can create a search folder in Outlook to achieve your first requirement for report Emails received this week. To create a search folder for it, please try:

1. Right-click Search Folders > New Search Folder.
    2. Under Select a Search Folder, select Create a custom Search Folder.
    3. Click Choose, name this search folder, click Criteria.
    4. In the Advanced tab, click Field > Date/Time fields > Received.
    5. Under Conditior, click the drop-down list to select This Week. Click Add to List, OK.
    6. Click OK to create this folder. Then all messages received this week would be listed in this folder.
    7. Right-click this new created search folder, click Properties.
    8. In the General tab, select "Show total number of items". Click OK to save the setting.

Then the number of items received this week would be shown next to the search folder. If you are looking for a Macros or code to meet your requirement, it is better to ask a question in Outlook for developers forum for more suggestions:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Thanks for your answer. I didn't think of doing it like that. I'll give it a try
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:22 AM