ntoskrnl.exe+14ece0 Blue Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have encountered this problem quite frequently now:

When I am watching a video on Youtube or other online platforms after a while I get a blue screen that says DPC_Watchdog_Violation. It happens even 5 times per day and I have tried to update my drivers, to reinstall them but I didn't have any success. I don't know what to do anymore. This laptop is relatively new ( 6 months) and I took care of it so I don't what the problem might be.

The most recent dump files are as follow: 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlfopMU3Rnz6gzfQ4bZMVE0sakds

Monday, July 3, 2017 11:18 AM

Answers

• rtwlane.sys

Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver

1) Open device manager 

2) Expand network adapters

3) look for the above driver

4) attach cat5e cable to your computer so that you can temporarily use ethernet

4) uninstall the wireless driver

5) reinstall a new driver from the computer manufacturer's web site entering your computers serial or product number and the operating system

6) In case you can not find the driver on the computer manufacturer's web site you can look for a driver on the Realtek web site:http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

7) sometimes after replacing a driver you may find that you need to find an earlier or later version.  And sometimes you may get the impression that the driver was uninstalled but windows immediately re-installs the driver preventing you from altering the driver.  For this you have the option to turn off the windows feature to automatically update non-Microsoft drivers.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:53 AM

All replies

• rtwlane.sys

Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver

1) Open device manager 

2) Expand network adapters

3) look for the above driver

4) attach cat5e cable to your computer so that you can temporarily use ethernet

4) uninstall the wireless driver

5) reinstall a new driver from the computer manufacturer's web site entering your computers serial or product number and the operating system

6) In case you can not find the driver on the computer manufacturer's web site you can look for a driver on the Realtek web site:http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

7) sometimes after replacing a driver you may find that you need to find an earlier or later version.  And sometimes you may get the impression that the driver was uninstalled but windows immediately re-installs the driver preventing you from altering the driver.  For this you have the option to turn off the windows feature to automatically update non-Microsoft drivers.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:53 AM
  • I had the most recent driver (released 1 month ago) and I have reinstalled it 3 times and checked if it the last one more than once but I don't know why it was crashing. What I have done is I uninstalled the driver and installed one from December 2016. Before, I was having even 10 crashes per day now it been a full day and nothing happened. If I see that in a week nothing will happen I will marked this problem as solved.

Thank You 

• Edited by Andrew423 Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:49 PM