SharePoint Designer - Custom List Form - "You do not have permission..." RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to add a "Custom List Form" to my Edit page I receive a message that says either "You do not have permission to perform this operation.  ..." or "The server could not complete your request.  Contact your Internet service provider or Web server administrator t make sure that hte server as FrontPage Server Extensions or SharePoint Services installed."

This happens only on one list.  The permissions for the list are the same as other lists that allow me to insert Custom Lists Form. 

Does anyone have any suggstions on what I should try?  I have wiped the list away and recreated it.

Thanks.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 4:46 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

I can reproduce your issue, and the cause of that is the file (.aspx page) is locked which means checked out by others. Then you will receive the error: You do not have permission to do this operation….

The solution for it is just check in the page.

Regards,

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Monday, January 5, 2009 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try publishing the Edit page.

Hope this helps !!

Glenn Charles
    Sunday, January 4, 2009 5:26 PM
  •  

Hello,

I can reproduce your issue, and the cause of that is the file (.aspx page) is locked which means checked out by others. Then you will receive the error: You do not have permission to do this operation….

The solution for it is just check in the page.

Regards,

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Monday, January 5, 2009 7:15 AM