none
Additional 2016 MIM Portal & MIM Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Dears,

I did a setup of MIM 2016 Portal & Service on Windows Server 2016 with SharePoint 2016 for SSPR.

I need to know two things:

• Is it supported to deploy additional MIM 2016 Portal server for SSPR?
    • Where is Microsoft Guide for deploying additional Portal Server? 

I did not find the guide, so Please help on this.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The MIM supported software page details the most up-to-date information on which versions of software are supported.  In your SSPR scenario, as long as you are using SP1 or greater SharePoint 2016 is supported.  At the time of writing this reply, the latest MIM update is 4.5.286.0.  I highly recommend updating SP1 to the 4.5.286.0 version as it contains several enhancements and bugfixes.

In regards to the Microsoft guide for deploying another portal server, Paul Williams has an excellent blog post that walks you through the few extra things you need to do.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls 

Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

I could not find useful information on how to deploy second node.

Basically, when I install SharePoint on first node, I do create a new database.

When I install share point on second node, I join the first node database.

Is it same for MIM portal HA?

Friday, January 4, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Hi Any help please
    Sunday, January 6, 2019 10:40 AM
  • It's the same process for the portal. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:45 PM
  • It's the same process for the portal. 

Thanks,
    Brian

MIM Synchronization service use MIMMA Connector to update "FIMService" Database.

If I deployed additional node as same as portal, then I will have a new FIMService Database, then name might be "FIMService2", then this will never be updated by MIMMA connector.

How should your suggestion work in this case?

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:54 AM
  • Hi Jean-

The portal is just a presentation layer on top of the MIM Service. When you install additional MIM Service nodes, there is an option to use an existing database. You should pick this option.

As far as the portal, if you installed SharePoint as a farm, you should add the additional node to the farm. If you did not use a farm, having each SharePoint database standalone is fine. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:13 PM