ProClarity Event Log missing with Windows Server 2008 and ProClarity 6.3.2217 (SP2) RRS feed

• Question

• HI, I currently have my own ProClarity Usage monitoring that starts with enabling the ProClarity event log to record exceptions and usage (as per Ben Scott's threads), after which I uses an SSIS WMI Data Reader task that connects to the ProClarity Event Log which is actually stored in C:\\Windows\system32\config\PCEvent.Evt and extract Usage Events (EventType = '4'), saving the results to a text file, and after that I ETL it and combine it with ProClarity_PAS tables to get my 'proclarity usage'

We just upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to 2008, and also moved up to SP2(6.3.2217) for ProClarity 6.3.  When re-sinstalling ProClarity I forgot to change the settings in the ProClarity Admin Tool to re-enable logging excceptions and usage.  I just now did this, and then ProClarity Analytics Server prompted its restart.  However, although I have opened a number of briefing books on the server, there is no PCEvent.Evt appearing in C:\\Windows\system32\config\.

Does anyone know if the location for PCEvent.Evt has moved for SP2, or whether the change may be Windows Server 2008 related and its been reloacted elsewhere, or any other ideas why I may not be getting the event log appearing or located where I expected

many thanks
    Stuart
    STUART LAWRENCE
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Stuart,

You should be able to find the ProClarity Event Log file for Windows 2008 in this location:

%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\ProClarity.evtx

Please let us know if that is not the case.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Stuart,

You should be able to find the ProClarity Event Log file for Windows 2008 in this location:

%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\ProClarity.evtx

Please let us know if that is not the case.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:29 PM
  • Thanks Amanda for pointing me in the right direction for the log files...they are in the location you stated...all I have to do now is figure out how to reconfigure my WMI Data Reader Task - ah, the joys of change

much appreciated, Stuart
    STUART LAWRENCE
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:11 PM