Task Manager not showing all tabs, only the Show Processes from All Users/Win7 Ult N 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7 Ultimate N, 64bit, updated with latest Microsoft Patches. (updated from Vista over 1 year ago). Only recently stopped working.

Task Manager no longer shows all of the tabs, only the second tab that lists each single process and gives me the ability to End Process. No longer do I see the tab that shows the currently open applications or the tab that would show the system resources.

Also, no close on the dialog, I have to close using the right click Close Window on the task bar.

Not sure how to fix.
    Laura Madeira
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:55 AM

Answers

• Laura

Ordinarily, if all the Tabs ‘disappear, they can be regained by double-clicking on the outside border of the window.

• Marked as answer by QBTrainer Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:45 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:43 PM

All replies

• Laura

Ordinarily, if all the Tabs ‘disappear, they can be regained by double-clicking on the outside border of the window.

• Marked as answer by QBTrainer Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:45 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Well that was just way toooooo easy! Thank you!
    Laura Madeira
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:45 PM
  • bugged me for a LONG time, thanks so much! was way too easy of a fix!

Monday, August 1, 2011 6:04 PM
  • Thank you, this was very helpful!!!
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:22 PM
  • Wow, thanks.
    IT Systems Engineer
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:57 AM
  • OH.MY.GOD! I thought for years I was screwed and had to get a new computer. I spoke with a Comcast Tech Support personnel. They were able to (somehow go into your computer (hacking?) using a program and you (the customer)  could see where they where directing to, in order to fix your computer) and the personnel was like "WTF?...Where's your File Menu?" ANYWAYS! 

THANK YOU!!!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:53 PM
  • So simple. Works. thanks much
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:06 AM
  • Thanks Laura was really helpful....!!!!
    Friday, July 13, 2012 9:54 AM
  • LEGENDARY!
    Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:03 PM
  • As soon as i get up off the floor (ROFL), I'm letting all my friends know about this one. Thanks

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Thanks, BW, for your delightfully simple solution. Now the bigger and deeper question is why would this happen in the first place and what causes the tabs to disappear?
    Friday, January 4, 2013 12:29 AM
  • Wow, that was easy and quick. Thanks you. I am sharing with my team right now.
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Thank you Laura, I tried it and it worked I was already thinking of formatting it,Thanks.

Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:45 PM
  • thanx its work

Saturday, December 7, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Woo hoo! I wish everything were that easy. I was ready to do a System Restore. THANK YOU! :-)
    Sunday, February 9, 2014 1:31 AM
  • This is by design.

It is similar to hitting F11 function key in Internet Exploder - get rid of menu etc and just show content.

Double clicking just inside the border does work to restore the default presentation.

NOTE:  You can still get to all tabs when in the "alternate" display format by hitting control-tab; just the windows standard navigation keyboard commands.

... david ...

Software developer

Friday, June 27, 2014 4:18 PM
  • Thank you - it worked!
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:33 AM
  • check out this link: http://quickbytesstuff.blogspot.sg/2014/02/task-manager-menu-options-missing.html

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:40 AM
  • Worked great on 32 bit Win7  too, so easy, thank you

I thought wow,  my system files must be corrupted.

You saved me hours of wasted work with this simple fix.

Thank You

Sunday, August 3, 2014 3:48 AM
  • thanks alot

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 5:47 PM
  • Thought I'd register a thank-you as well, even though this is over four years out from the original question. The situation just happened to me in the last few days, and I was totally bewildered. Thanks for the simple answer. It still works. ;-)
    Saturday, July 18, 2015 11:51 PM
  • Cool that worked thank you!
    Friday, July 31, 2015 12:38 AM
  • Thank you!!!!!!!!!! It worked.

Cheers.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Brilliant, so simple.  Why should you want them to disappear anyway.
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 2:27 PM
  • It worked!  Thank you so much!!
    Monday, December 26, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Thanks!  Was having this problem today 12-9-17 and your advice was still greatly appreciated even though this thread is 6 years old!

Saturday, December 9, 2017 7:11 PM
  • Laura,

Thank you was driving me nuts.

Rory

Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:44 PM