Filtering a drop list RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was wondering if its possible to filter a droplist based on values appearing in the data?  For example, lets say I had a dimension called product and I have 50 products.  Chances are, I may not have sales for all 50 items at a given period.  Therefore I want to filter the droplist to only show members that have data.

Is that doable?

Thanks,

Joe

Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:22 PM

Answers

• Hello Joe,

ProClarity Professional has a feature called "Filter empty rows" and "Filter empty columns".  These filter buttons can be located on the Setup Panel next to the Rows or Columns title.  This should allow you to filter any empty results that may be contained within a given query.

HTH

Amanda

Friday, January 25, 2008 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Joe,

ProClarity Professional has a feature called "Filter empty rows" and "Filter empty columns".  These filter buttons can be located on the Setup Panel next to the Rows or Columns title.  This should allow you to filter any empty results that may be contained within a given query.

HTH

Amanda

Friday, January 25, 2008 6:00 PM
  • Also, if you're looking for a little more control than just empties, you should be able to accomplish this by using a named set to populate your slicer.  So, build a named set that returns the members you want to see (do this either in ProClarity or on the cube) and then select that named set with the hierarchy in the background and the slicer in ProClarity will be populated with those members from your set.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 12:13 AM