none
Task Approval before Publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have received a requirement to customize our Project Server 2013 implementation as follows:

* Several project managers can add tasks to the same project plan

* A centralized focal point is  responsible of auditing and validating added tasks

* When a project manager adds new tasks, the focal point gets notified by email.

* The focal point has to approve or reject the added tasks. If he / she approves them, the tasks are published. If he / she rejects them, the tasks are removed from the plan.

Are there any recommendations on the best way to implement these requirements? I have looked into Project Server workflow but they does not seem to support such requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 9, 2018 6:25 AM

All replies

• Moezz --

Rather than trying to automate this, I would recommend that it be a simple process that the PMs have to follow before publishing the project.  It would rely on good old human communication, rather than trying to automate it through the software.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, April 9, 2018 6:23 PM
  • Hi Dale. Personally, I agree with what you said. However, our company is facing human challenges getting that to work. For that reason, I was asked to find a way to automate the process.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:36 AM