Outlook 2016 (office 365) go daddy pop3 not working RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to add my pop3 godaddy account using pop3 SSL settings, i get an error 3253. Mail works fine with the same settings. I noticed another person posted about this issue and was redirected to this forum. Any help much appreciated.
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

At which step did you get this error?

Are you using Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook 2016 for Windows version? Based on my research, there used to have a same issue with Outlook 2016 for Mac. However, this issue has been fixed in version 15.12.3. If you are using Outlook 2016 for Mac, please make sure you have installed the latest updates for your Outlook, and then check if this issue persists.

If above doesn't applies, please provide the detailed steps you used to configure the POP3 account so that we can check and verify if you were using the correct steps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 2, 2015 12:50 AM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

At which step did you get this error?

Are you using Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook 2016 for Windows version? Based on my research, there used to have a same issue with Outlook 2016 for Mac. However, this issue has been fixed in version 15.12.3. If you are using Outlook 2016 for Mac, please make sure you have installed the latest updates for your Outlook, and then check if this issue persists.

If above doesn't applies, please provide the detailed steps you used to configure the POP3 account so that we can check and verify if you were using the correct steps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 2, 2015 12:50 AM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 7:36 AM
  • I have same issue for each of my POP accounts. Using Outlook 2016 for Mac 15.17.1 and El Capitan. Mail is being received and sent but my error log is filling up with Error 3253 - Connection to the server failed or was dropped every time send/receive occurs.
    Monday, December 21, 2015 11:03 PM
  • Dear I have same problem 

I download the Outlook 2016 brand new from my office 365 account with New Mac Pro , I have three account  IMAP and the same error I got , I can log on online to my email but I can not configure it on outlook please help 

Monday, May 9, 2016 4:19 PM