none
Unable to log on to domain.

Question

• I have a user that I have gone as far as to re-create. She (and I, using her credentials) has not been able to log on to any of the 3 clients on the network, while other users have been. I suspect there is a GPO preventing her access, but have been unable to locate or eliminate it. Any recommendations?
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:07 PM

Answers

• Run rsop.msc to see what GPO's have been applied to workstation. Then check "Allow log on locally" (or log on through remote desktop if you are trying to log on via RDP) settings in "Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment". Make sure that user is member of any groups specified there. Also check "Deny log on locally" (or through RDP) settings. I hope it will help.
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:47 PM

All replies

• Run rsop.msc to see what GPO's have been applied to workstation. Then check "Allow log on locally" (or log on through remote desktop if you are trying to log on via RDP) settings in "Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment". Make sure that user is member of any groups specified there. Also check "Deny log on locally" (or through RDP) settings. I hope it will help.
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:47 PM
  • Hi Paul Shippert,

Thanks for your post

Besides Slava Fedenko's suggestion, could you please check what's the error prompt about her failure logon. And also what's the error message in the event log?

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:00 AM