none
BitLocker RRS feed

• Question

• I am formatted my partition C and before the formatting I enable bitlocker to E: and F: partitions. After formatting I enter the correct password to unlock my E: and F: drives but it says the password was incorrect. But I entered correct password and my recovery key is deleted when I formatted the C:. Please help me..

Sunday, December 4, 2016 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please note, the recovery key is the final method to deal with BitLocker encryption issue, if we can’t get it, it’s hard to unlock previous encrypted partition.

When you formatted c partition, your encryption information had been broken, so even though enter the correct password, still can’t access to E and F partition.

For current situation, the effective solution is retrieving your recovery key, if it is impossible, I am afraid that you need to ask for help from data recovery company.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:29 AM
  • Update windows 10 to the same version it was before and retry. The old build of win10 (v10240) could not read drives that are encrypted by bitlocker of the new version (v1511 and higher).

PS: don't save your recovery passwords to the same disk.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:09 PM