none
System Login auto fill Domain name in username column

Question

• Dear Team,

any option available automatically   fill the Domain name inusername collumn group policy.

kindly give the suggestion ?

Regards, Pradhap P

Thursday, April 06, 2017 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, there is no such option in group policy to do that. However, in my experience, windows could remember the domain name or user credential which is used in the last time.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 07, 2017 3:14 AM
  • what is the best practices.

admin - migrate the user and computer same to same.

in user side no nothing changes happen.

the first login only user manually need to change the domain name.

more the 1000 users available in different location. how to communicate and follow they are correctly login or not?

kindly suggest me.

Regards, Pradhap P

Friday, April 07, 2017 3:34 AM
  • Hi,
    Based on my research, I found a policy which might be working for you: “Assign a default domain for logon” under Computer Configuration\Administrative Settings\System\Logon.
    The “Assign a default domain for logon “ group policy specifies a default logon domain which may be different domain than the machine joined domain. You can enable this policy setting and add the preferred domain name so that the default logon domain name will be set to the specified domain which may not be the machine joined domain. If you enable this policy and set the domain name as "." (Without any quotes), once the policy is applied to the machine, users will see "." as their default domain and unless users specify a domainname\username to login, all users will be treated as local users. (.\username)
    Please see details from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2908796/using-gpos-to-change-default-logon-domain-name-in-the-logon-screen
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Friday, April 14, 2017 9:38 AM