none
Enabling Enterprise Mode - IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I have enabled enterprise mode IE11 through group policy & registry setting. I need assistance to enable permanently without user action required each time. Following issue is being faced:-

• Unable to select enterprise mode from tools menu, option is there
    • I select mode through f12 > developer tools > emulation, it works fine
    • But once close developer option window, Enterprise mode also closes
    • Will it be possible or i need to write some code in my application to force enterprise mode (some geek)
    • I am running windows server 2008R2 environment and customized application compatible with IE8 document mode require to be open in IE

Help required to enable Enterprise mode permanently. Lot of googling already carried out.

Thanks

Rox_Star

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hi rox_star,

According to your description, please try to active Enterprise Mode:  open a website, click Tools and click Enterprise Mode.

Moreover, here's a similar thread about your question:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7f2333c5-92ef-4bcb-ba17-8719852c51f2/windows-10-internet-explorer-11-enterprise-mode-not-working?forum=win10itprogeneral

For your reference:

"Delete the following registry keys, they will be recreated when you launch Internet Explorer and then Enterprise mode should work.

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Extensible Cache\EmieModeList
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Extensible Cache\EmieSiteList
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Extensible Cache\EmieUserList
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\LowCache\Extensible Cache\EmieModeList
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\LowCache\Extensible Cache\EmieSiteList
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\LowCache\Extensible Cache\EmieUserList"

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:50 AM