Slow Boot Performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all 

My first post regards boot performance or lack there of. I have smoothed out most of the problems by applying fixes. But one annoying thing keeps popping up and I can't figure it out. On boot I get a pop up stating that I have files waiting to be burned to disk I have tried to burn them to disk but can not figure out how to go about this. I think it is left over from the initial install and may be my boot files even though I made boot disks already. When I try to copy them it does nothing do I need to make an IOS copy of them?????  The larger concern though is that this message repeats at least twice each boot as if something is in a double loop. I have a DVD burner but have never used it. Can't remember the name of the files but I'm pretty sure one is ntfs I'll have to post them when I get home.

TIA for any help

Gary 

• Edited by Carey FrischMVP Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:12 AM Edit title to better reflect the question
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 12:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Gary,

You can also refer to the following KB to check the result:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 8, 2013 2:29 AM

All replies

• Gary

Go here C:\Users\?????\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn and delete the files in the "burn" folder.

Substitute your user name for the ??????

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Team ZigZag

Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:54 AM
  • Thanks ZigZag for the reply

After checking last night the files are "HPrecovery" and just  "recovery" this is an HP box I have tried many times to burn them but have not been successful and I am not sure I want to remove them without a burn copy as they may be necessary for recovery created by some HP utility I am not familiar with. Oh yeah I'm pretty sure they update from time to time because the creation date changes. I will keep looking and post back.

Thanks

Gary

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:07 PM
  • Hi Gary,

You can also refer to the following KB to check the result:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 8, 2013 2:29 AM