none
Dictate not showing up in Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had a user put in a request to have the dictate function enabled on her computer. Sadly, there really isn't a lot of information regarding other users having this issue online. We are running Office 365 ProPlus Version 1812 (Build 11126.20188 Click to Run).

I have enabled Office intelligent services.

The language is set to US English as default.

We are actively an Office 365 subscriber.

Any thoughts on what else I could try? 

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure your office is up to date.

I see its a bug, there are several people reported this issues and found no definite answer.

for some it worked when enabling intelligent service as you did. 

Its not showing in my office environment either :) 

Here are some thread see if they are useful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/95b5a637-6c9f-4728-9615-a990c67b6475/dictation-not-showing-up?forum=Office2016setupdeploy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8c9a2a99-373d-447e-8504-0eb47198bdc8/dictation-in-word-not-working?forum=Office2016setupdeploy

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:38 PM
  • Thanks, that's pretty much what I've gathered. I'm hoping it's something Microsoft resolves as I see other forum posts that go all the way back to it's initial release last year. 
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

I have a check in my Office 365 Pro Plus Version 1812 (Build 11126.20188 Click to Run) . I can see the feature ‘Dictate’ displayed in the ribbon of  Word / Outlook / PowerPoint. Please check if Dictate doesn’t show up in all Office applications mentioned above. Did the user try customizing ribbon once?

Please open Word and create a new blank document in it. Click File > Options > Customize Ribbon. If the group ‘Voice’ doesn’t show up under Home(Main Tabs in ribbon), please choose commands from All Tabs, select the Voice group in Home Tab. Add it to Home Tab in ribbon.

If you don’t see the group ‘Voice’ in the list of all Tabs at all, you can try to repair Office from the Control Panel to check if it fixes. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, select Office 365 Pro Plus, right click it, click Change and then choose Yes. You will get the following dialog:

Select Online Repair, and then click Repair. For more detailed information, please refer to Repair an Office application. Please Note: Online Repair takes a little longer and requires an internet connection throughout.

If you have any updates or questions, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it? If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Thanks for your kind understanding!

If you have any questions or updates, please feel free to post them back to let me know. I would like to follow up and provide a further help for you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

I need your help now. Please remember to mark these replies as answers if your question was answered appropriately. It will benefit all community members who are facing similar issues. Your contribution is highly appreciated. 

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb 

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:14 PM
  • Thank you very much for this post. This fixed the issue of no dictation button showing up. Once I followed these directions to repair Office and restarted Word the button was back.

Thanks again,

William

• Proposed as answer by Williamwright8 Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:53 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:52 AM