none
MDT 2013 Capture Windows 7 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• This is the first I'm trying to install a deployment server. I have added a new VM Deploy server running windows server 2012 R2. I added the WDS role then installed MDT 2013 Update1 and compatible  ADK. I was able to get things working as for as PXE boot and uploading operating system from dell CD. I deployed image from the cd through the server everything works fine. Now I'm trying to capture an image of a working machine with all the updates and necessary changes I have made. I created new task sequence and updated deployment. This is the error that I'm getting any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Thursday, February 4, 2016 10:38 PM

All replies

• Okay it's not letting upload image with error. So it states:

Expected image state is IMAGE_STATE_GENERALIZE_RESEAL_TO_OOBE, actual image state is

IMAGE_STATE-UNDEPLOYABLE, sysprep did not succeed.

FAILURE ( 6192 ): ERROR - Sysprep did not complete successfully, check C:\Window\system32

\sysprep\panther\setupact.log for details

Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005

Thursday, February 4, 2016 10:44 PM
  • Something is wrong with the sysprep. It could be software you have installed, a patch or something.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:03 PM
  • Afaik EULA does not allow you to sysprep an OEM image.

Here is a link from Dell:
    https://support.software.dell.com/k2000-systems-deployment-appliance/kb/135252

"3) May not be modified prior to recovering an image to a device."

This is no restriction from Dell, but from Microsoft. Dell may not grant you such rights sadly.

The only loophole seems to exist when you don't make changes to the image, but in order to do that you need to have an automated process to make your golden image.

• Edited by oriooff Friday, February 5, 2016 1:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Ty GlanderModerator Saturday, February 13, 2016 2:10 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 1:35 AM
  • I think the culprit is the Dell image.
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 12:16 AM