none
Migration from Outlook 2010 pro to Outlook 2016 pro on another computer

Question

• Hello,

I'm working on outlook 2010 pro and exchange on Windows 7 and I want to migrate on another computer with outlook 2016 pro and exchange on Windows 10. I haven't access to the exchange server.

I have successfully export all data except 2 things:

- My favorites folders in my navigation pane

- Additional mailboxes

As I have a lot of favorites folders in my navigation pane, do you know how to export them and to import them on outlook 2016 ?

Many thank

Fred

Friday, May 18, 2018 8:20 AM

All replies

• You have to create Pst file of the outlook 2007 outlook mailbox and then open that pst file into Outlook 2016.

Regards, Alaina Jodi Recover & Restore corrupt Exchange database. Migrate mailbox from Exchange to Exchange & Office 365 Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager

Friday, May 18, 2018 1:31 PM
  • Hi

You mention "and Exchange", i would advise you ask the messaging team to help you setup your account. if you are domain joined, it should setup fine by entering in your email account and password.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, May 19, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Hi Fredaufr,

Welcome to the Exchange Server forum. This forum is for questions and feedback related to Exchange server. Since your question is more related to Outlook, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/home?forum=outlook

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, for Exchange account, favorites folders are saved in the mailbox. You don’t need to copy it to another client. You could directly configure your account in Outlook 2016 and all your favorite folders will still be there.

For Additional mailboxes, currently, I’m afraid that there is no such a built-in option in Outlook to export additional mailbox list. As a workaround, you could make a record and then re-add these additional mailboxes.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:41 AM
  • Hi Fred

Just to check whether the replies above are helpful to you.

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

11 hours 49 minutes ago