none
IE wont work after system restore RRS feed

• Question

• I replaced a hard drive and did a system restore on a Toshiba approx. 5 or 6 years old with windows 7 and SP1 and IE version 8xx will not work on certain sites and will not allow upgrade to newer version.  Keeps saying needs sp1 which it has. How can I get the upgraded version? 
    Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Rachel,

After system restore, our computer should be connected to the internet long enough to run a manual check for updates & install, also, make sure that the Windows Firewall is enabled.

Because Windows 7 SP1 has many security updates, such as KB976932, KB947821, KB976902 or KB2534366 etc., even if we can view some SP1 updates in the list, it does not represent our system has complete SP1, so please make sure system is up to date, then try upgrade again to see the result.

Meanwhile, update your drivers from manufacturer website.

There is an official documentation talks about Can't upgrade Internet Explorer in Windows 7, please refer to it for some prompt

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2820688

hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 4, 2016 2:04 AM