Display Last Interactive Logon Information RRS feed

• Question

• I just wanted to make sure that this policy will work and like few of the forums I visited, will not lock the DC and workstations from logging in.

I have Server 2008 forest and domain functional levels with PDC on Server 2008 and additional DC on Server 2008 R2. Workstations include Win XP, Win7 and Win8 machines.

I know the GPO will not work for XP machines but can I enable it for Win7 & 8 machines without any problem?

Umair Nawaz

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:37 AM

Answers

• as long as you are applying to win7 / win8 you should be fine, so long as your users are in the 2008 domain functional level or above.

as always with GPO I would create and apply it to a test OU and try one workstation from each OS family to test and verify no adverse impact is seen

Regards,

Denis Cooper

MCITP EA - MCT

Help keep the forums tidy, if this has helped please mark it as an answer

My Blog

LinkedIn:

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:35 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 1:20 PM

All replies

• what is the exact policy you are referring to and what are your intentions?

Regards,

Denis Cooper

MCITP EA - MCT

My Blog

LinkedIn:

Monday, December 30, 2013 12:26 PM
  • I want to enable the policy "Display information about previous logons during user logon" which is at Computer Configuration>Policies>Admin Templates>Windows Components>Windows Logon Options

Umair Nawaz

Monday, December 30, 2013 12:38 PM
  • as long as you are applying to win7 / win8 you should be fine, so long as your users are in the 2008 domain functional level or above.

as always with GPO I would create and apply it to a test OU and try one workstation from each OS family to test and verify no adverse impact is seen

Regards,

Denis Cooper

MCITP EA - MCT

My Blog

LinkedIn:

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:35 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the suggestion was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Regards, Yan Li

Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:22 AM