Windows 7 Extended Display - Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a display that extends over 2 monitors. It works great however everytime I boot up Windows forgets that my monitors were extended and I have to extend them again and reset all my icon that were on the extended screen. I have updated all my drivers to the latest, even recreated my profile. Anyone know how to fix this? I'd even be happy with whatever the reg key is and have a bat file run on logon. I'm just tired of extending my desktop manually every morning.

Thanks for the assistance...
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:36 PM

All replies

• Since the monitor settings is controled by the graphic card driver, you can try to test other versions graphic card driver.

Good luck!
    John
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 9:32 AM
  • Good luck on getting an answer on this....all I have seen on the support forums so far is "try updating your display drivers" kind of answers.  I don't think this has anything to do with display drivers, but instead has something to do with how Windows 7 stores the information about the displays.  It's like it "forgets" what to do with that specific monitor when it comes up.  I would understand if it didn't know what to do when I connected new monitors to my laptop, but when it is the same monitor every time....it just doesn't make sense.
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 12:04 AM
  • I use multiple 1920x1080 displays on Win7 and I have no problem.

I now you may be tired of hearing "check your display drivers" and you say you've done that. But try checking to see if others running Win7 on that particular display card with that driver have similar issues. That's the best advice I can offer.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:46 PM