Taskbar Toolbars move on restart RRS feed

• Question

• My taskbar toolbars move when PC is restarted. They work normally otherwise. I can move them back to where I want and if PC only sleeps, they are fine. But if I restart PC, the all move to right top row and are not expanded at all. Win7 Pro 64. Thanks, Duane
    • Edited by dkdj5 Monday, October 19, 2015 3:24 AM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 3:23 AM

Answers

• Hi dkdj5,

When did the issue start to occur? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

Please take the following stepst to rebuild the Icon cache to have a check.
    1.Open  File Explorer > Folder Options > Views to show Hidden System Files.
    2.Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local folder and delete the hidden IconCache.db file.

If the issue persists, please login with another account or create a new account to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:05 AM

All replies

• Sleep mode is different then Restart. When it's wakes up from sleep mode then it turns back from the state where it's stopped. But restarting applies configurations. 

First check your registry for any issue, 

Second restore your computer to an earlier date

* Taskbar configuration is here in registry: Hot Key Current User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Advanced

Here is my configuration. If anything is different in your computer change it as show in my registry. Later after restarting your computer try to move again. Restart and check again. Also lock the taskbar after moving. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

* Please don't forget to mark as answer or Vote if it helps!

Monday, October 19, 2015 4:30 AM
  • Hi dkdj5,

When did the issue start to occur? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

Please take the following stepst to rebuild the Icon cache to have a check.
    1.Open  File Explorer > Folder Options > Views to show Hidden System Files.
    2.Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local folder and delete the hidden IconCache.db file.

If the issue persists, please login with another account or create a new account to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:05 AM