How to Import Contacts and Categories from outlook 2007 to outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I cannot import my contacts/categories from Outlook 2007 to OUtlook 2010.  I have tried using a.csv file but it forces Outlook to stop responding every time it starts to import.  Not sure how I do it using a .pst data file.  Please help!

Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:48 AM

Answers

• Have a look at this for step by step guide for importing a pst http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/office-outlook-2010-import-and-export/

Ignore the password selection unless your pst is password protectd and when it asks for the folder to select from just choose the contacts folder, since that is all you want.

Regards, ~G MCSE, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, MCP, CCNA
    • Proposed as answer by Jason LJS Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason LJS Friday, September 2, 2011 5:28 AM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

Not sure how I do it using a .pst data file.

How to export .pst file data

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 5:48 AM

All replies

• Have a look at this for step by step guide for importing a pst http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/office-outlook-2010-import-and-export/

Ignore the password selection unless your pst is password protectd and when it asks for the folder to select from just choose the contacts folder, since that is all you want.

Regards, ~G MCSE, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, MCP, CCNA
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

Not sure how I do it using a .pst data file.

How to export .pst file data

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 5:48 AM
  • You can try to export/import categories using OutlookFreeware.com's free Export Master Category List and Import Master Category List tools. There are also free utilities for exporting contacts and importing contacts, give it a try!
    Alexey Kuznetsov,
    Relief Software
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Your contacts and categories are stored in your personal *.pst file.
    Just import your pst file and you will have all your mails, contacts, color categories, etc. in Outlook.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:16 PM
  • Alexandru, I tried to export my large (7GB) Outlook 2010 mailbox to a PST when we moved from an Exchange 2010 Server on one domain to an Exchange 2013 on another domain.  We could not migrate directly from server to server, so I exported as a PST and then imported back into the same copy of Outlook 2010 after joining the new domain.  I make extensive use of categories on thousands of e-mails, and the categories did not come over in the PST file.  I can still go back to the old domain and re-export if you think there is anything I could do differently to get my categories.
    Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:23 AM
  • Hi 
    In order to import Outlook contact & category to Office 365 you can use PST to Office 365 Import tool that is an alternative to Azure Azcopy. Using this PST Migration tool you would easily select the particular contact that you need to move and the process of migration would be a lot more easier.  To migrate Outlook 2007 contact to Office 365 use Office365Import PST tool.

Thanks & Regards
    Kelvin Howard
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:09 PM