Crated a site but it is not showing as a tab right next to Home tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, first please forgive my poor sharepoint knowledge.  I was asked to add a tab right next to the Home site tab so I assumed that means I need to create a site and a tab will be automatically showing after I create my site.

I did the site creation and now sharepont site A has been created and showing under the All Site Content window.  However, the site creation I did didnt seem to have created a tab next to the Home tab.  Did I do something wrong here?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:59 PM

Answers

• You have very rightly created a new site, but to display it as a tab, you need to configure it under site navigation.

If it is a publishing site then you need to go to site settings > navigation

If it is team site then you can create tob link bar by going into site settings > top link bar

Hope this helps. :)

• Proposed as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, August 12, 2011 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 10:37 PM

All replies

• You have very rightly created a new site, but to display it as a tab, you need to configure it under site navigation.

If it is a publishing site then you need to go to site settings > navigation

If it is team site then you can create tob link bar by going into site settings > top link bar

Hope this helps. :)

• Proposed as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, August 12, 2011 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 10:37 PM
  • thanks a million!!
    Monday, August 15, 2011 2:23 PM