Can't edit added document library webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to add a few web parts from Lists and Libraries  (a document library web part from this site). I added 4 of them and was able to edit the respective views. Now when I add the next one, I can't expand the edit dropdown and I can't delete the web part. I can edit the previously added ones just fine. I can move the new library web part down after the previously added, but after exit edit mode, and I get unexpected error message. So I have to do ?contents=1 to delete the new web part. Is there any way to fix this and continue?

Thanks!

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:19 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I can't expand the edit dropdown and I can't delete the web part

Have you tried webpart maintenance page?

Try this:

Add this in the URL of the page :

?Contents=1

This will take you to the webpart maintenance page and here you can select the webpart and close it.

I hope this will help you out. 

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Knit,

If you are having this issue with the content editor webpart check out my blog - http://zoshaikh.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/content-editor-webpart-movement/

Or

If you want to move a different webpart - You can move it using ZOne index

Modify Shared webpart(From a differente Browser, won't work in IE) Under Layouts sections you will see Zone Index, suppose your webpart is on 4th Number and you want to move it to 5th. Change the zone index to 5th

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:36 AM
  • Hi,

I can't expand the edit dropdown and I can't delete the web part

Have you tried webpart maintenance page?

Try this:

Add this in the URL of the page :

?Contents=1

This will take you to the webpart maintenance page and here you can select the webpart and close it.

I hope this will help you out. 

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:19 AM
  • I ran into a similar issue where the browser would scroll away when I tried to click the web part dropdown, but worked around it by using the ribbon: The click caused the web part to be selected, and then I could use the Webpart tab in the ribbon to edit properties, connect it or delete it.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:35 PM