Windows 10 not able to boot on two cores RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently built computer that used to run windows 8.1. my cpu seems to be weird installing windows 10. I tried installing it with two cores since my cpu is dual core and that resulted in a infinite boot loop. So I looked around the forums and found that if you disable a core and then install windows 10 it would work. I tried this and a successfully installed it, but I am unable to boot on two cpu cores. Every time I try it results in a infinite loop.

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi pineapples,

Thank you for your question.

If Window could be booted by one core, it will be booted by dual core. This issue could be caused by the drivers, we could update all driver to the lasted, then check if the issue persist. We could refer to the following link to learn more about Windows 10 system requirements:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn798752.aspx

We suggest you contact the vendor of PC to check if the compatibility problems.

In addition, we could check if there are any errors in application log and post then for our troubleshooting.                                                                                                                                                                                                         

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 8:18 AM