Updates and Servicing Node not showing in SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install a fresh instance of system center configuration manager onto a 2016 server. The install I was given leaves me with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP2 Console Version: 5.0.8239.1000 Site Version 5.00.8239.1000. I am trying to upgrade it to the newest version, but I am a little lost as to how. There is no "Updates and Servicing" node under Administration > Overview or Administration > Overview > Cloud Services. I read that my current version may need a manual update, but I cannot find where it might be. I tried upgrading with SC2012_R2_SP1_Configmgr.exe, but the upgrade option is grayed out.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It sounds like you used the old media for Configuration Manager 2012 and that version you install i the latest one of 2012. There is no Updates and Servicing node in 2012 that was introduced in Configuration Manager Current Branch.

So if you want to install Configuration Manager Current Branch you need to download the correct media from either MSDN or Volume Licensing Center or a trial version depending on the purpose of the environment you are installing.

The trial can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-system-center-configuration-manager-and-endpoint-protection

The latest baseline version is 1802 and after installation you can upgrade it using the "Updates and Servicing " node in the console.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My Enterprise Mobility blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:45 PM