ACT 5.6 not processing CAB log files. RRS feed

• Question

• My clients are succesfully writing CAB files to a server share: C:\ACT_Logs -- which has a UNC path of \\WMSTUTLABSQL08\ACT_Logs.  However, these cab files are not being processed by the ACT Manager.  As a result, the files are just sitting in this folder and not being moved to "Failed" or "Processed"  and no data is available in the manager screen.

In ACT, my log share setting is correctly listed as the UNC path:  \\WMSTUTLABSQL08\ACT_Logs 

Everything else seems to be working OK.  I can even browse the database I have created.

How can I force these CABs to be processed?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:02 PM

All replies

• Goto services.msc and check if the ACT log processing service is started - it sometimes tend to STOP and requires manual intervention to start it again.

C# Fan! ananda84(at)gmail(dot)com
    Friday, July 9, 2010 11:30 AM
  • That was it.  I figured it out the day I posted. I can't tell you why it stopped though. Thanks for the reply.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 1:46 PM
  • According to the troubleshooting ACT article in technet

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722443(WS.10).aspx

the log processing service can fail if SQL is on the same machine and the log processing services attempts to start before the SQL service has started. That is what happened to me.

Gary

GD
    Monday, June 6, 2011 2:52 PM
  • The service is started in our case , however the Logs are still not being processed. I even restarted the service manually. But still no Luck. Any help
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:24 AM
  • i just installed ACT on another machine and all is well for now
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:53 PM