Major BlueTooth Issues with BlueTooth hardware RRS feed

• Question

• For numerous weeks I've been having a huge problem with a bluetooth keyboard and especially bluetooth head phones. I have bluetooth 5.0 although the head phones are bluetooth 4.0, considering bluetooth 5.0 is backwards compatible, why do the headphones depend on a bluetooth 4.0 adapter and still have crackling and poping sounds which I cannot prevent.

I've tried nearly everything from uninstalling all bluetooth drivers and the bluetooth 4.0 adapter, and only having the bluetooth 5.0 drivers as well as removing the bluetooth 4.0 adapter which is a USB adapter.

I have the bluetooth keyboard working, although only when the bluetooth 4.0 adapter is plugged in, otherwise neither devices will find the bluetooth 5.0 transmitter which is on the motherboard ?

Friday, July 17, 2020 2:15 PM

All replies

• when I understand you correctly: nothing can connect to the mainboards bluetooth adapter, although it is enabled in bios and drivers are installed (so no errors displayed in device manager)?

The only mainboard I had with included bluetooth had a small antenna included which needs to be connected and reach outsied of the computer case. So are you sure the hardware is correctly connected?
    Saturday, July 18, 2020 9:27 AM
  • when I understand you correctly: nothing can connect to the mainboards bluetooth adapter, although it is enabled in bios and drivers are installed (so no errors displayed in device manager)?

Yes. Although this is where things turn into a bit of a mess.  The driver for the mainboard is the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver; but if this driver is not disabled as I currently have it disabled, it will not pick up neither the bluetooth keyboard or headphones. 

When it is disabled as it currently is and only when the Bluetooth 4.0 transmitter is connected will the bluetooth keyboard work. When the headphones are turned on the audio is very poor, cracking and poping.  Once again, that is only when the bluetooth 4.0 adapter is plugged in, not using the motherboard bluetooth 5.0 transmitter for either device ?

The mainboard does have a antenna but it it only a wifi antenna or so the manual states ? 

Sunday, July 19, 2020 3:28 AM
  • The wifi antenna is connected?
    Sunday, July 19, 2020 4:56 AM
  • The wifi antenna is connected?
    Yes. 
    Sunday, July 19, 2020 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

1.Have you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter?

Select Start , then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot . In Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, and then select Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.

2.Make sure that you've installed the latest drivers for your Bluetooth adapter

3.Kindly check the steps shared in below KB on "Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

This "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Thanks,

Jenny

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 20, 2020 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

1.Have you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter?

Select Start , then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot . In Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, and then select Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.

2.Make sure that you've installed the latest drivers for your Bluetooth adapter

3.Kindly check the steps shared in below KB on "Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

This "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Thanks,

Jenny

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

I've tried these suggestions it still doesn't answer why both the keyboard and the headphones will not work with the bluetooth 5.0 transmitter from the main board and why the headphones audio crackles and pops; why must I still rely on the bluetooth 4.0 transmitter adapter ?
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 1:49 AM
  • Hi,

Above troubleshooting steps were provided to resolve Bluetooth problems in Windows 10.

But for the compatibility of Bluetooth device/drivers and the version of Bluetooth adapter, you shall check with the device or driver supplier since the issue is more related to the specific hardwares rather than compatibility with the operating system.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

Above troubleshooting steps were provided to resolve Bluetooth problems in Windows 10.

But for the compatibility of Bluetooth device/drivers and the version of Bluetooth adapter, you shall check with the device or driver supplier since the issue is more related to the specific hardwares rather than compatibility with the operating system.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

I was informed is it not related to the device driver or supplier; rather Windows and only Windows, since Windows is the one not recognizing the transmitter on the mainboard ?
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the update but it is hard to figure out the issue with compatibility of different versions device and drivers on Window10 withtout necessary logs or traces.

Thus in this case, it is suggested to contact Microsoft Customer Support and Services where more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

You may find phone number for your region accordingly from the link below:

Global Customer Service phone numbers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

This "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Thanks,

Jenny

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 7:14 AM