none
Cannot find path 'DS001:\Selection Profiles\xxxxxx' because it does not exist. The specified profile name does not exist. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I recently deleted a selection profile (named VMware) that contained drivers that (I think) I had assigned to use for the WinPE boot image.  I have since created a new selection profile and assigned it under the appropriate x86/x64 areas in deployment share properties.  After updating the deployment share, I am getting the message:  "Cannot find path 'DS001:\Selection Profiles\VMware' because it does not exist. The specified profile name does not exist."

Did a little testing, if I recreate the selection profile "VMware", this error message goes away when I update the deployment share.  Can anyone explain what might be happening or how I can make this error message go away? I just want to remove this defunct selection profile.  FWIW, the selection profile is not currently assigned in any of my task sequences.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Friday, December 5, 2014 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Ali, unfortunately I've already tried to completely regenerate the boot images and got the same error.  

Here is what I tried that worked:  I recreated the selection profile (VMware), added it on the MDT Deployment Share Properties [Windows PE] tab for x86 and x64, then updated the deploymentshare.  After that, I created a new selection profile mapped to the drivers I want, added it on the properties tab, then updated the deployment share.  Then I deleted the selection profile named VMware and was able to update the deployment share w/o error.

Not sure why that fixed it, I guess I'm just good at testing software :)  Seriously though, I'd be curious to know if anyone has seen this before or can reproduce it on their end.

• Marked as answer by resident1155 Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:18 PM
    Friday, December 5, 2014 9:48 PM

All replies

• Can you confirm that you dont have any reference to this deleted profile in your TS?

I would check your permissions, try closing the Deployment Share and reconnecting.

Friday, December 5, 2014 8:31 PM
  • Hi Ali, thanks for the reply.  I double checked my task sequences and did not see any reference to that particular selection profile.  In looking for the reference, I mostly searched for the inject drivers sequence which is set to all drivers for every task sequence.

I am using a domain admin account that has full share/NTFS permissions on the c:\deploymentshare folder.  I've been able to update the deployment share just fine in the past so I don't think that's the issue.

One oddity that I noticed, when I first clicked on advanced configuration > selection profiles in the deployment workbench, it didn't populate the profiles and gave me a blank screen.  I right clicked and created a new selection profile and then it immediately populated the built in selection profiles.  Not sure if that was just a glitch or delay in query, but thought it was worth mentioning.

I should also note that the error message appears right after the message "Building requested boot image profile."  I suspect that it's actually failing to add the selection profile to the winPE image because it's no longer loading my VMXNET3 drivers on my sysprep/capture TS.

Anything else I can try?

Friday, December 5, 2014 9:04 PM
  • Thanks for the info. Try this, right click on your deployment share and choose the second option, completely regenerate the boot images...
    Friday, December 5, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Hi Ali, unfortunately I've already tried to completely regenerate the boot images and got the same error.  

Here is what I tried that worked:  I recreated the selection profile (VMware), added it on the MDT Deployment Share Properties [Windows PE] tab for x86 and x64, then updated the deploymentshare.  After that, I created a new selection profile mapped to the drivers I want, added it on the properties tab, then updated the deployment share.  Then I deleted the selection profile named VMware and was able to update the deployment share w/o error.

Not sure why that fixed it, I guess I'm just good at testing software :)  Seriously though, I'd be curious to know if anyone has seen this before or can reproduce it on their end.

• Marked as answer by resident1155 Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:18 PM
    Friday, December 5, 2014 9:48 PM

I had the same error and doing as you did also fixed my issue. One possible difference between our scenarios, though, is that I had closed and deleted the files of an old deploymentshare and received this error after trying to recreate it using the same name.

Why is a brand new DS trying to reference Selection Profiles from a DS that no longer exists???? 

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:50 PM