none
Destination Host Unreachable

Question

• Hi,

My question is:-

i have a server which do not accept the ping request and throws destination host unreachable when i try to ping it from some of my client machines.  i have done so far is :-

1) TURNED ON THE NETWORK DISCOVERY ON THE CLIENT MACHINE.

2)TURNED OFF THE FIREWALL ON THE CLIENT MACHINE.

nothing is working.  please help..

thanks in advance for a working reply.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:34 PM

All replies

• Check ping.exe and make sure it is permitted in your firewall (if you are not using Windows Firewall).
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 5:53 PM
  • allow ping in firewall either windows or antivirus if installed.

are you able to ping those server or client from other machines ?

is all client/server on same subnet?

Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:35 PM
  • Hi yogesh_,

I agree with Deepak.
    Please check if client machines and a server are on the same subnet, using IPCONFIG command.

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:58 PM
  • Hi ,

Is the server in your subnet or another subnet ? I mean any firewall or router between ? 

This message indicates one of two problems: either the local system has no route to the desired destination, or a remote router reports that it has no route to the destination. The two problems can be distinguished by the form of the message. If the message is simply "Destination Host Unreachable," then there is no route from the local system, and the packets to be sent were never put on the wire. check the local routing table.
    If the message is "Reply From < IP address >: Destination Host Unreachable," then the routing problem occurred at a remote router, whose address is indicated by the "< IP address >" field. check the IP routing table of the router assigned the IP address of < IP address >.
    If you pinged using an IP address, retry it with a host name to ensure that the IP address you tried is correct.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 23, 2016 6:07 AM