none
Azure Service Bus Relay & Impersonation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am currently investigating the use of Azure Service Bus Relay for a project, testing has gone well so far and I have a service and client communicating via the service bus relay.

Currently the client and server are able to take part in two way communication, whereby the client invokes a method and a response is sent back to the client, the problem I have is that I now want the service to impersonate the user calling the methods, but only for some of the methods available in the service.  Is this possible over a service bus relay connection? if so, how can this be achieved.  I have been able to get this working when calling the service over a non-service bus binding (using basic authentication over SSL), but this fails when binding to the service bus relay, I believe because the HTTP context is lost between the client and server when communicating via the intermediary (in this case the service bus)

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Chris

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,  I'm just looking into this now.  Do you mind me asking how you got on?  Short of passing the username/password through on the https call and creating the context on the server, I'm not sure at present

Any help would be appreciated as Service Bus looks ideal for us at the moment!

Cheers

Steve

Thursday, October 1, 2015 9:57 AM