uagqecsvc.exe proces taking to much memory for a user, and the web monitor shows very long Total Session time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

uagqecsvc.exe process is taking to much memory for a user around 400MB and the user isnt using loged on uag at that point. The web monitor shows very long Total Session time for that user. When i check the time for each of the Applications that the users accessed (Total duration), their sum is drasticlly lower that the Total Session Duration.

Anyone knows why this is happening?

tnx!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 12:13 PM

Answers

• Certaily memory dump will give the details of the problem but it would be useful to get more details of problem symptoms. for instance, how many Win Xp/Sp3 machines are showing this problem? When exactly you see process starts chewing the memory, is it immediate or it builds up grandually over days?. At what stage you see this happening, during portal logon or it just kicks up when machine gets rebooted?. could you explain the flow please ? 

Install debugging tools for windows on Xp machine and take a memory dump of this process and have a look else you need to send this across to Microsoft support for analysis.

Faisal :>
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:27 PM

All replies

• Just a quick update it doesnt seem that the problematic process is in correlation with issue on the web monior.

Im more interested in the fact that uagqecsvc.exe is eating around 500 MB, on some computers.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:24 PM
  • is it win 7 32 bit machines where you see this uagqecsvc.exe eating up 500 MB ?

take a memory dump of the process and that should show whats going on.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:34 AM
  • Noup its Winxp Sp3 machines, sorry for not mentioning it.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 1:47 PM
  • Certaily memory dump will give the details of the problem but it would be useful to get more details of problem symptoms. for instance, how many Win Xp/Sp3 machines are showing this problem? When exactly you see process starts chewing the memory, is it immediate or it builds up grandually over days?. At what stage you see this happening, during portal logon or it just kicks up when machine gets rebooted?. could you explain the flow please ? 

Install debugging tools for windows on Xp machine and take a memory dump of this process and have a look else you need to send this across to Microsoft support for analysis.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:27 PM
  • Tnx Faisal,

will do that, i didnt have the time to do all of the testing, i cant even pinpoint when does the process get started and start eating the memory. If i find whats the cause ill post.

All the best

Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:47 PM
  • I ran into this same problem. Computer has been on for 30 days and I haven't used UAG. uagqecsvc.exe takes 1,6GB memory...

Windows 7 64bit.

Friday, December 10, 2010 11:26 AM
  • could you share the exact built or the exe version chewing memeory?
    Friday, December 10, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Sorry for the late responce Faisal

uagqecsvc.exe

File version 4.0.1269.200

product verison 4, 0, 16, 0

size: 147 KB (150.928 bytes)

size on disk: 148 KB (151.552 bytes)

Monday, December 20, 2010 9:39 AM
  • I am investigating this and got the repro in my lab. Will let you know whats going on with this.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:21 AM
  • Tnx!
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:40 AM
  • Thanks for looking into this, Faisal. Were you able to find any solutions?

I just discovered this problem on my dev desktop (uagqecsvc.exe currently chewing up 404MB memory). Endpoint Quarantine Enforcement Client file version 4.0.1752.10000 running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 machine.

---PaulE---

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:29 PM
  • Yes Paul its fixed . Should be part of next UAG update release.

I dont have an exact release date for it but should in couple of months.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:57 AM
  • Thanks Faisal. Appreciated.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:56 PM
  • Yes Paul its fixed . Should be part of next UAG update release.

I dont have an exact release date for it but should in couple of months.

Good news Faisal!
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:04 PM
  • Thanks, Faisal. I'll notify our Sys Admin to be on the lookup for the update.

---PaulE---

Sr. SharePoint Engineer

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:38 PM
  • Surely this has been released by now.  I'm having this problem on my work laptop.  Windows XP SP3, and we get pushed MS updates regularly.

What release was it in so I can check ?

File Version 4,0,1101,0

Product Version 4,0,16,0

Size on disk 148KB (151,552 bytes)

created Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 11:11:18 AM ???

Modified: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:03:41 PM

Accessed: Today, May 07, 2012, 8:21:27 AM

Monday, May 7, 2012 12:24 PM
  • It was fixed as part of SP1 Update 1 as shown here (fix 14): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2585140/en-us#Fix14

You will need to upgrade UAG to at least this version and then install the latest endpoint components to the clients (it should happen automatically when visting the portal).

For reference, the latest version of UAG is 4.0.1773.10190 which is SP1 U1 + Sec Update MS12-026.

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk

Monday, May 7, 2012 10:57 PM