Automatic synchronization of lookup columns RRS feed

• Question

• Data Flow:

Step 1: I use a OleDb Source Task to read data from a table (say table A) with 5 columns.

Step 2: Then I use a lookup task to add a sixth column (resulting from lookup on table B).

Step 3: Then I save the 6 columns to table C using a OleDb Destination Task.

Now, I go to underlying database and modify the tables like:

- remove 1 column from table A (not the column used for lookup later).
    - remove 1 column from table B (not the columns used for lookup and not the columns retrieved after lookup)
    - remove 1 column from table C (same as the one removed from table A).

If I get back to SSIS designer, it is nice enough to show warnings and ask whether I want to fix the metadata mismatch automatically. But, it does this for OleDb Source and Destination tasks only and NOT for lookup task. If I open the lookup task and hit the columns tab, it still shows old coulmn set for table B. It will be nice if these can be fixed automatically too. Or is it too much to ask for?

thanks,
    Nitesh

Thursday, September 8, 2005 7:22 PM

Answers

• Can you open a DCR for this?

thanks

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:08 PM

All replies

• Yes it'd be nice :)
    You will notice similar behaviors also in other trasformations in the data flow (like Union All eg.). If you modify the structure of your data sources, you do need to check almost all of the sources, tasks and destinations involved.
    Some months ago i asked in the beta place for a "Synchronize All" botton in the Data Flow editor form. But perhaps there will be better solutions then mine.
    Friday, September 9, 2005 7:18 AM
  • Can you open a DCR for this?

thanks

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:08 PM