none
Does ths tool replace the Powershell method RRS feed

All replies

• Correct, we are slowly adding capability on the tool to be on par with everything that the powershell commands allowed you to do. Once the tool is GA and on par we will start deprecating those older powershell commands.
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:42 PM
  • Correct, we are slowly adding capability on the tool to be on par with everything that the powershell commands allowed you to do. Once the tool is GA and on par we will start deprecating those older powershell commands.

Interesting. I have two follow-up questions:

1. But will the old PowerShell commands (New-SPOMigrationPackage etc) still be usable? Or will you "shut them off"?
    2. Will the SharePoint Migration Tool functions be exposed via PowerShell cmdlets? As far as I understand, the tool is not scriptable at the moment.

Thanks for any insights!

Monday, November 20, 2017 1:32 PM
  • Thanks Simon.

Is the recommendation still to prevent access to OneDrive until after teh migration has completed like it was for the powershell scripts?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:51 PM
  • It is best practice to prevent access since in the event of a migration problem you will need to re run the tool. Currently the tool will overwrite any changes in the OneDrive. We are working to support datetime options which will improve the user experience

Neil Hodgkinson : MSFT - SharePoint and O365 CAT Team

Saturday, November 25, 2017 12:17 AM
  • Thanks Neil.

Will the SharePoint Migration Tool functions be exposed via PowerShell cmdlets, since as far as I understand, the tool is not scriptable at the moment?

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:32 AM