none
IE 8 & Adobe Flash Player RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have install Adobe Flash Player in IE 8, but several websites give the message that it failed to initialized and the website does not display properly. Any advice?

Mike

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:05 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Mike, have you installed Windows SteadyState on the computer? If so, let's check if the issue occurs on all users including administrator. If the issue only occurs on restricted user, please check the following setting:

1.       Open Windows SteadyState.

2.       Locate the user in User Settings.

3.       Under Feature Restrictions – uncheck "Third party extension buttons".

If the issue occurs on all users, we may need to contact with our system support group, especially IE8 related forum/newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/support/call-us.aspx

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:36 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Mike, have you installed Windows SteadyState on the computer? If so, let's check if the issue occurs on all users including administrator. If the issue only occurs on restricted user, please check the following setting:

1.       Open Windows SteadyState.

2.       Locate the user in User Settings.

3.       Under Feature Restrictions – uncheck "Third party extension buttons".

If the issue occurs on all users, we may need to contact with our system support group, especially IE8 related forum/newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/support/call-us.aspx

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:36 AM
  • i got the same problem.
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 4:58 AM
  • I had the same problem.  I finally downloaded Adobe Flash to my desktop and installed it that way, so far so good.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:30 AM