none
DPM2010 - Cannot protect due to ID148 "you have chosen to protect replicas on another DPM server" and ID 31162 "One or more data sources are already configured for protection on Primary" RRS feed

• Question

• Senario - Two DPM servers at different geographic locations - DPM0 and DPM1.  DPM0 was protecting a volume or Server1.  DPM1 was protecting replica of Server1 from DPM0.  Server 1 is now at the location of DPM1.  Uninstalled client from Server1 and installed client from DPM1. Removed protection of Server1 from DPM0 and deleted the inactive replica. 

Now I cannot configure DPM1 to protect Server1 due to errors.   ID148 and ID 31162

ID 31162 - "One or more of the selected data sources are already configured for protection on the primary DPM server"

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

I have seen this issue before, the dpm database of the secondary still has entries of the primary protecting this datasource. It will need to be cleaned up out of the database. You will need to open a support case with the DPM team in PSS to get this taken care of.

Thanks,

Marc

• Proposed as answer by MarcReynolds Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:13 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same issue.
    Could you provide some script to clean this from db?

Thank you.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:14 AM
  • Hello MarcReynolds

I have the same issue with secondary DPM. Do you know any solution or its better to open a support case with DPM team in PSS?

Thanks

Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:34 AM