none
Cannot access Outlook account from Bing Toolbar RRS feed

• Question

• I need to have the HRS Toolbar installed from my work. I cannot access my Outlook account from the toolbar, which I need to do. If I access it via outlook directly its fine but if I try it via the toolbar it says Username or Password incorrect which it is correct. Please help.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 3:32 AM

Answers

• Hi MerleVW,

Based on your description, did you mean you want to access the outlook from bing bar, but it showed the username or the password is incorrect? Like the screenshot below?

If yes, it seems that you don’t enable the connection of the devices and apps with POP. we may try the following steps to check the result.

1. Go to www.outlook.com and log in with your Microsoft account.
    2. Click the cog wheel icon located on the upper right corner and select “Options”.
    3. Then click on “Connect devices and apps with POP”.
    4. Select “Enable” then “Save”.
    5. Then try to login outlook with bing bar again.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Merle,

It is unusual that you NEED a toolbar to access your company email account... even if it is the Bing Toolbar.... (http://www.bingtoolbar.com/en-US )... no development or maintenance has been done on it for some years and it is probably not compatible with the latest versions of IE.

If this is a company computer, or your home computer that you use to access your company's email, then it is best that you consult with your system administrators or help desk to resolve the issue.

There are considerable security and usability issues in accessing secured company intranet assets with third-party browser addons.

You can try

Tools>Manage Addons>Show all addons>......locate an addon called Live-Login-Helper (or something similar) and make sure it is enabled. I'm quite sure that the Live-Login-Helper is redundant in IE11, but it is uncertain from your question if you mean you are accessing your company email from outlook.com or your company is using MS Exchange for the email services.

Also

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default",

then select the Trusted sites icon, 'Sites' button..... normally home users do not need to have any sites in their IE Trusted sites list, so remove them if you have placed any sites there.....

However..... again.... if this is a company computer or it is your home computer that you use to access your company's email and intranet, THEN consult with your company's help desk or system administrators.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:43 AM
  • Hi MerleVW,

Based on your description, did you mean you want to access the outlook from bing bar, but it showed the username or the password is incorrect? Like the screenshot below?

If yes, it seems that you don’t enable the connection of the devices and apps with POP. we may try the following steps to check the result.

1. Go to www.outlook.com and log in with your Microsoft account.
    2. Click the cog wheel icon located on the upper right corner and select “Options”.
    3. Then click on “Connect devices and apps with POP”.
    4. Select “Enable” then “Save”.
    5. Then try to login outlook with bing bar again.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:51 AM