Limit bandwith per Client Image RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to figure out if there is a way to limit the bandwidth each deployment gets.

The reason is that we have several sites that are so small and will not have their own imaging server.

We are worried that these sites will have problems if several clients try to image their computers at the same time.

Friday, February 12, 2016 1:07 PM

All replies

• MDT doesn't have the ability to control this.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

• Edited by Ty Glander Friday, February 12, 2016 1:17 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:03 PM
    Friday, February 12, 2016 1:16 PM
  • Have you thought about setting a small "server" and using DFS-R to replicate your deployment share to other sites? Then you can have MDT point clients to specific servers based on their gateway so they run off of local shares. It's much easier than having independent deployment shares at different sites.

By "server" I mean it could be a normal desktop computer running Windows Server with a hard drive big enough to accommodate your deployment share. If you've ever bought one of the Deployment Fundamentals book, they cover how to do it and it's pretty easy to setup. I have a replicated share for load balancing purposes.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Friday, February 12, 2016 8:50 PM
    Friday, February 12, 2016 2:15 PM
  • Friday, February 12, 2016 11:49 PM
  • Look here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn744292.aspx#sec01  to see why DFS-R is a better way to go

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 4:46 PM
  • The issue is that we have about 140 different locations where most of them only have 5 to 8 users so we will not have any servers at these locations. At locations with 15+, we will most likely have servers there. They use a 1 gb link which they share with 200 – 300 students so that is why we want to limit this. The solution will most likely be that the image computers when they go home for the day.

Monday, February 15, 2016 8:11 AM